Your Art Here (YAH) is seeking qualified and motivated individuals for a newly-created Curatorial Committee which will be responsible for the content and programming related to the mission of YAH. Applicants should be well-versed in the history and current state of visual arts, and be experienced in creating, writing about, or curating art of a pubic, or community-based nature. Both positions are unpaid, and the terms are one-year, renewable, and begin as soon as possible.
The Curatorial Director is responsible for curating and contextualizing YAH projects with both the local community and international art world in mind. An ideal candidate would have experience creating, curating, or writing about public art. Duties are as follows:
- Work with the Assistant Curatorial Director, artists and organizations to curate and install artworks on the three YAH billboards.
- Develop and execute creative projects in collaboration with the Assistant Curatorial Director.
- Write curatorial statements and press announcements to contextualize ongoing YAH projects for audiences both local and global, within and outside of the art world.
- Maintain the Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Develop a budget and seek funding for YAH projects through grants, donations, art auctions, retail, etc.
- Hang billboards with assistance of the Assistant Curatorial Director and volunteers.
Assistant Curatorial Director
The Assistant Curatorial Director is responsible at the operational level for YAH projects. An ideal candidate would have various skills including knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite software, and ability to help artists lift and hang billboards. Duties:
- Work with the Curatorial Director and artists and organizations to curate and install artworks on the three YAH billboards.
- Develop and execute creative projects in collaboration with the Curatorial Director.
- Use digital tools (Photoshop, etc.) to represent YAH projects in print and onscreen (the website, social media, etc.)
- Maintain or work with a volunteer to maintain the yourarthere.org website.
- Assist artists and organizations in preparing images for billboards.
- Work with artists and organizations to ensure billboards are printed and hung correctly.
- Hang billboards with assistance of Curatorial Director and volunteers.
Please send an email to the following addresses with the following information
- Subject line: Curatorial Committee
- A one-paragraph statement
- Links to related past work
- Names and contacts for three references