Your Art Here is proud to partner with ArtsWeek 2008 on Your Campaign Here, a public art project that will place the work of artists on yard signs resembling those used in political campaigns. The artist yard signs will be on display during ArtsWeek, February 20 through March 1.
Your Art Here reviewed many fine submissions, and is pleased to announce the following as selections for Your Campaign Here:
- “The Exponent: Sprawl” by Andrew Bucksbarg
- “Keep Out All That I Fear” by Chiara Galimberti & Geoffrey Hing
- “Good Mustache” by Riva Jewell-Vitale
The artist yard signs will be distributed throughout the Bloomington community during ArtsWeek (February 20 – March 1, 2008). Representatives from Your Art Here will be at the following ArtsWeek events distributing Your Campaign Here yard signs:
- Saturday, February 23, 2008 from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm at the John Waldron Arts Centerin conjunction with the Bloomington Photography Club Exhibition
- Friday, February 29, 2008 from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm at the SoFA Gallery in conjunction with The Writing on the Wall exhibition and panel discussion (PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE FOR THIS EVENT)
We hope to see you out and about enjoying these and other ArtsWeek events with a Your Campaign Here sign in tow!
Your Campaign Here is sponsored by a grant awarded by Indiana University in promotion of ArtsWeek 2008. ArtsWeek, an annual Indiana University-Bloomington community winter arts festival, celebrates its 24th year from February 20 – March 1, 2008. ArtsWeek showcases the city’s many arts organizations along with performers and artists from the IU Bloomington campus in new events, enhanced performances, and presentations of new works. Funded by the IU Office of the Vice Provost for Research, ArtsWeek 2008 focuses on “Politics and the Arts,” examining how politics shapes artistic expression, or suppresses it, and how various art forms represent political points of view. For more information on ArtsWeek 2008, go to www.artsweek.indiana.edu.