The Astronaut with a Turtle by Tristan, Clear Creek Elementary, Bloomington, IN
Announcing the Winners of Your Art Here’s 4th annual youth art billboard competition, Billboard Generation IV, beginning March 1st!
Your Art Here (YAH) is pleased to announce the winning artworks of the fourth annual youth art billboard competition, Billboard Generation IV. In celebration of National Youth Art Month, YAH asked kids to make art on the topic “Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?” Seven artworks made by grade school through high school students will be on display starting March 1st on billboards in Bloomington and Indianapolis.
The Billboard Generation Project gives kids the opportunity to express themselves to the community through visual dialogue. This year’s topic asked kids to self-reflect on the kind of person they want to be as an adult and how they can have a positive effect through their work, their family, and their community. Students from Bloomington and Indianapolis communicated their hopes, dreams, and questions about their future, imagining such things as career choices, what they will look like, and what it will mean to be true to themselves as grown-ups in the world.
By providing public advertising spaces for youth art we hope to encourage thought on how to enrich our community through visual dialogue. Through this project we want to instill in kids the desire, knowledge, and confidence that will allow them to engage their community and world throughout their lives.
Locations of Bloomington Billboards:
- The Astronaut with a Turtle by Tristan, Clear Creek Elementary School, Boomerang Hair on 6th St, Wall facing Encore parking lot [map]
- Astro-Physicist and Artist… That’s What I Want to Be by Erin, Binford Elementary School, Bicycle Garage on Kirkwood Ave., Wall facing People’s Park [map]
- find yourself by Alex, Bloomington High School South, Rhino’s Youth Center & All-Ages Music Club on Walnut St. between 2nd and 3rd Streets [map]
Locations of Indianapolis Billboards:
- I Want to Be a Zookeeper by Azariah, Paul I. Miller Elementary School, 888 Massachusetts Ave. [map]
- The future by Bryan, Grassy Creek Elementary School, 3732 Martin Luther King Jr St. [map]
- I am Color by Corinne, Chapel Hill 7th & 8th Grade Center, 922 Massachusetts Ave. [map]
- My Dream Future by Mariam, Chapel Hill 7th & 8th Grade Center, 1445 Madison Ave. [map]
- March 1st: Billboard Generation IV Opens!
- March 3rd at 6pm, Reception at the Harrison Center for the Arts, Indianapolis
- March 9th at 7pm, Reception at the John Waldron Arts Center, Bloomington
- April 21st, Your Art Here Art Auction and Benefit Show at Second Story, Bands TBA
Billboard Generation IV is sponsored by Your Art Here and these fine organizations: Bicycle Garage, Bloomington Area Arts Council, Boomerang Hair, Harrison Center for the Arts, Humanetrix, John Waldron Arts Center, Monroe County Community School Corporation, Oliver Winery, Omega Properties, Rhino’s Youth Center & All-Ages Music Club and Second Story Nightclub.