This page contains links to articles about Your Art Here since it began in September 2002. Please visit the Projects section of our website for press releases and other information related to specific Your Art Here projects.
Press & Publications
- Art contest winners released, The Indiana Daily Student, By Alexandra Brown, February 17, 2009.
- Youth billboard art contest winners named, The Herald-Times, February 15, 2009. [log-in required]
- Event to raise funds for kids’ art, The Indiana Daily Student, By Alexandra Brown, February 5, 2009.
- Student art contest tackles sustainability, The Herald-Times, January 9, 2009. [log-in required]
- Your Art Here, By Susanne Schwibs, The Weekly Special, WTIU, March 2008.
- Budding young artists: Students’ artwork takes center stage during Youth Art Month, By Jessi Perkinson, The Herald-Times, March 7, 2008. [log-in required]
- Freedom of expression: Censorship, democracy, campaigns and more tackled for ArtsWeek, By Jessi Perkinson, The Herald-Times, February 21, 2008. [log-in required]
- Local artists design signs for ‘Your campaign here’: Non-profit campaign challenges political messages, By Haley Adams, January 31, 2008.
- Things to do with your family [Billboard Workshop], January 25, 2008. [log-in required]
- Your Art Here Interview (Billboard Generation VI), WFHB Community Radio 98.1/91.3, Bloomington, IN, January 3, 2008.
- Artworks (segment), By LuAnn Johnson, WFIU, March 20, 2007. http://www.wfiu.org/
- Young Artists Have Something to Say, By Jennifer Eberbach, The Ryder, March 1 2007, pp. 24.
- Your Winners Here, By Andy Graham, The Herald-Times, March 1, 2007.http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2007/03/01/scene.qp-633945.sto [log-in required]
- Your Art Here Interview (Billboard Generation V), WFHB Community Radio 98.1/91.3, Bloomington, IN, February 28, 2007. http://news.wfhb.org/
- Kid’s Art Here, By Mercedes Rodriguez, The Herald-Times, January 19, 2007.http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2007/01/19/scene.qp-713544.sto [log-in required]
- Collaborative project puts local artists’ work on city buses, By Abby Schwimmer, The Indiana Daily Student, September 13, 2006. http://www.idsnews.com/news/print.php?id=37396.
- Art on the Go: Work adorn city buses in project to bring art to the public, By Nicole Kauffman,The Herald-Times, September 3, 2006.http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2006/09/03/scene.SH_E1-WCS31203.sto [log-in required]
- Contests Appeal to Local Artists, By David A. Nosko, The Indiana Daily Student, June 15, 2006
- Your Art Here Interview (Stories in Motion:Art in Transit), WFHB Community Radio 98.1/91.3, Bloomington, IN, June 6, 2006. http://news.wfhb.org/
- Your Art Here Interview, WFHB Community Radio 98.1/91.3, Bloomington, IN, February 24, 2006. http://news.wfhb.org/
- Your Art Here Interview, Activate!, WFHB Community Radio 98.1/91.3, Bloomington, IN, January 23, 2006. http://news.wfhb.org/mp3/DLN20060123.mp3
- Your Art Here Interview, WFHB Community Radio 98.1/91.3, Bloomington, IN, January 17, 2006. http://news.wfhb.org/
- Reclaim public space, Destructed.Info.Mag, n. 8, January 2006. http://www.destructed-mag.info/download/get/files/DESTRUCTED_08.pdf
- Your Art Here: Reclaiming space for community, By Dan Coleman, The Herald-Times, November 17, 2005 http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2005/11/17/scene.1117-TAB-S3_WCS23671.sto [log-in required]
- Your Art Here Picks Up with New Leadership, By Tom Rhea, The Herald-Times, September 11, 2005 http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2005/09/11/scene.0911-SH-E4_JJP71648.sto [log-in required]
- Politics, passion & property, Paul F. P. Pogue, NUVO, Indianapolis, IN, December 15, 2004 http://www.nuvo.net/archive/2004/12/15/politics_passion_property.html
- A Solution to Corporate-Owned Billboards, By Catherine Komp, Media Section Editor, Clamor Magazine, Toledo, OH, October 27, 2004 http://clamormagazine.org/blog/archives/a-solution-to-corporate-owned-billboards/
- Off The Wall: Stories Behind the Art, Shana Berger, The Herald-Times Scene, October 7, 2004 : http://www.heraldtimesonline.com
- Kick it Out!, Adbusters Magazine, vol.12, no. 5, SEP/OCT, 2004, Vancouver, BC, Canada http://www.adbusters.org
- Around The Arts, The Indiana Daily Student, April 8, 2004 http://idsnews.com/story.php?id=22572
- School 78 Art Appears on Billboard, The Indianapolis Star, March 2004 http://www.indystar.com
- Galleries in the open air: Local students use artistic talent to strike conversations with community, By Jane Charney, The Indiana Daily Student, March 11, 2004 http://idsnews.com/story.php?id=22015
- The Billboard Generation, By Paul F. P. Pogue, NUVO, March 10, 2004 http://www.nuvo.net/archive/2004/03/10/the_billboard_generation.html
- Writ large: Kids speak out with artwork, By Nicole Berner, The Herald Times, March 10, 2004, Vol.127, No. 256 http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2004/03/10/news.0310-HT-A1_MCW46953.sto[log-in required]
- Billboard contest features youth art: Bloomington, Indianapolis students submit art to compete, By Jane Charney, The Indiana Daily Student, February 19, 2004 http://idsnews.com/story.php?id=21476
- Hey, kids, what time is it? (March is National Youth Art Month), IU Home Pages, January 16, 2004. http://www.homepages.indiana.edu/011604/text/yourarthere.shtml
- Arts Eye #30, Indiana Arts Commission, December 2003 http://www.in.gov/arts/publications/dec2003.html
- Your Art Here Interview, WFHB Community Radio 98.1/91.3, Bloomington, IN, 2003 http://www.wfhb.org
- Your Art Here Interview, WTIU Public Television, Bloomington, IN, 2003 http://www.indiana.edu/~radiotv/wtiu/
- Dead Bugs, a Billboard, 1970s Polaroids, and Toy Cameras: Local Photographer Blurs and Constructs Memory Across Generations in ‘The Possibility of Loss’ http://www.rockpaperscissors.biz/index.cfm/fuseaction/current.press_release/project_id/135.cfm
- Flatland: Billboards in the Crossroads of America: A statewide billboard competition ends with gallery opening, By Roseanne Hennessey & Betsy Stirratt, August 15, 2003 http://www.unitedwaypc.org/news/detail.lasso?apple=404
- Local Artists: The beauty of creative contribution to Bloomington is more than just skin-deep http://www.journalism.indiana.edu/gallery/j201fall03/ncomiskefinal/jdaugher/
- Your Art Here Interview, Flesh From Ashes Magazine, Issue 1, 2003 http://www.fleshfromashes.net/magazine.html
- ‘Your Art Here’ project showcases Hoosier artists’ work on billboards, Journal and Courier, June 22, 2003 http://www.jconline.com/
- Arts Eye #27, Indiana Arts Commission, June 2003 http://www.state.in.us/arts/publications/ArtsEye_jun_july2003.html
- Artists to redefine art with competition: Winners work to be displayed on billboards throughout Indiana, By Kelly Phillips, The Indiana Daily Student, June 26, 2003 http://www.idsnews.com/story.php?id=17178
- Arts Eye #26, Indiana Arts Commission, May 2003 http://www.in.gov/arts/publications/26_may03_ArtsEye.html
- World Wide Billboard Domination: Your Art Here, Bloomington’s Finest Subvertisement Agency, By Christopher Lombardi, The Pin-up, Vol.2, No.3, February 7, 2003
- Look up! Local group puts art on Bloomington billboards, By Jane Charney, The Indiana Daily Student, February 13, 2003 http://www.idsnews.com/story.php?id=14708
- Billboards perfect canvas for art group, By J.J. Perry, The Herald-Times, December 8, 2002 http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2002/12/08/scene.021208_SH_E1_WCS92119.sto?lin[log-in required]